LifeSource Medical Clinic
July 9 – July 11, 2018 · Palawan, Philippines
Late-breaking updates are listed below.
To learn more, watch “AWR LifeSource International Show” on 3ABN:
Sunday, June 3, at 8 a.m., 8 p.m., and 11p.m.
Check listings for repeat presentations
Interested in serving in a free mega health clinic on the beautiful, tropical island of Palawan, Philippines this summer?
Dr. Lela Lewis will be coordinating this event, along with Adventist World Radio, North Philippine Union Conference, Palawan Adventist Mission, Palawan Mission Hospital, Southern-Asia Pacific Division, and the Total Member Involvement initiative of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
The Palawan LifeSource International Medical Clinic will be held in Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines on July 9-11, 2018. This exciting event will take place just prior to the AWR/TMI evangelistic series which will be held across the island beginning on July 13 and culminating on the 28th.
We are especially in need of surgeons and surgical sub-specialists including pediatric surgeons, ENTs, urogynecologists, dentists and others.
Participants will be responsible for their own expenses which include:
- Airfare: Costs will vary according to many different factors. (You will need to book a ticket to Manila and then on to Puerto Princesa, Palawan. If you are unable to get a connecting flight from Manila, then just book an additional ticket to Puerto Princesa.)
- Hotel: $45-50/night (depending on the exchange rate)
- Meals: Breakfast is included in the hotel rate. Lunch and supper is being negotiated. There may be a cost to purchase these meals.
- Registration fee: $100 which will cover the travel insurance.
- July 6 – Arrival
- July 8 – Clinic Set Up
- July 9-11 – Clinic and nightly meetings
- July 12 – Free day for sightseeing
- July 13 – Evangelistic meetings begin/baton hand off
- July 15 – Departure: (if you need to leave sooner you may leave on the 12th)
All volunteers need to register by June 15.
- Five hundred volunteers are expected to serve 5,500 patients.
- The government of Palawan has made the entire Coliseum available for the AWR LifeSource International Medical Clinic. This is a miracle, as a new Palawan Regional Health Ministries Director has just come into office … but has agreed to support the event.
- The government will provide meals, supplies, and equipment – including mammogram and radiology equipment – along with assistance for all of our temporary medical licenses. They will also make their operating rooms available to our missionary surgeons, with a list of numerous surgical procedures that patients have not been able to have performed, due to lack of resources and skilled physicians.
- Each day, volunteers will have a noontime meal. During this time, evangelist Jason Morgan will present an introductory session to the gospel program that will be held on July 9 to 11 between 12 and 1 p.m. at the Coliseum. The event will be broadcast via a live feed to Hope TV SSD Asia and other Adventist media networks. Patients will also likely be provided with a light noontime meal along with the spiritual food of the introductory evangelistic meetings.
- All patients will be encouraged to choose one of the Health Information Centers. At these locations, patients will pick up their lab results and continue with the evangelistic series.
- “Baton Hand Off” – On July 13, the full Total Member Involvement/Adventist World Radio series will begin at nearly three dozen sites and run for 2 ½ weeks. To bridge from the LifeSource clinic, physicians, dentists, and others will be distributed among the sites and present mini health nuggets, “handing off” the baton to the evangelistic presenters.